Over the years. Moissanite has only become famous but a large number of people across the world also choose it as one of the most gorgeous engagement rings. It was discovered in the year of 1893 by a French chemist, Henri Moissan. Initially, it was named on the mineral Silicon Carbide, but later on, it was renamed to honor Mr. Moissan by the world-renowned gem expert, George Kunz.
What are the properties of Moissanite?
Basically made of silicon carbide, Moissanite has a hardness ranging between 9.2 to 9.25 on the Mohs scale, which is more than that of Ruby and Sapphire at 9 and close to that of Diamond at around 10. Thus, it is not only pretty, but equally hard to sustain the scratches and it would look the same on your twenty-fifth anniversaries as well. It now shows a good fire and sparkle, but also ensures a very good clarity. It is also very sparkly and even when it becomes dirty, then also it sparkles and for this reason, it is a perfect choice as a daily wear ring.
What is the cost of Moissanite Rings?
Although having a very gorgeous look and ensuring almost equal durability as well, the cost of Moissanite is comparatively much lesser than that of the diamonds. The price of Moissanite rings generally starts from 800 to 900 dollars and on the other hand, the prices of diamonds are somewhere around 5000 dollars.
Note: The size of moissanite is generally measured in millimeters whereas, that of the diamond is measured by its weight in carats and due to the same, both of their weights are different. For instance, if you are planning to order a Moissanite Ring of 6.5 mm, it would be similar to that of a 1-carat diamond.
Is Moissanite suitable as Engagement or Wedding Rings?
In recent years, Moissanite has indeed proved itself as a good option for an engagement or a wedding ring. Its looks are very natural along with its sparkles remaining intact even after 25 years of using it as a daily wear ring. Moissanite is also very hard with its hardness being very close to that of diamond. They are also easily available in the markets.
Apart from the above, the diamonds are too costly and on the other hand, Moissanites are considered as Cheap Engagement Rings with so many advantages and good properties as well. If you are having the perception of buying a large size engagement ring, is rest assured since Moissanites are the best at it. Its great clarity is also one of the reasons for choosing the same for your engagement.
What are the important ways for choosing the best Moissanite Rings?
- Once you are going to buy a Moissanite Ring, always accompany your fiancée or girlfriend because of some obvious reasons and to choose the one that suites her in the best possible way.
- You may also compare a Moissanite Ring with a G color diamond. Comparing it side by side, it would be easy for you to spot the difference and you would surely understand how beautiful the color and the look of a Moissanite ring are. Though the best version costs a little bit more, but you would surely fell in love with it, especially the ones in white colors.
- You should also look at the Moissanite Ring under indoor as well as the outdoor light and would easily understand how beautiful these rings are.
- It is highly recommendable to choose the Moissanites with the round cut because of its brilliance as well as the beauty that makes the moissanite look at its best. Apart from the same, you may also go ahead with the emerald cut ones, although they are very common whereas the latter looks totally unique and beautiful.
What are the three choices of white colors in the case of Moissanite Rings?
Moissanites do have a variety based on its colors. Initially, during the time it was introduced, it was found with a slight greenish tint. But with the improvement in technologies, they are widely found as per the below three choices-
- Choice No. 1-Forever Classic: Based on the scale of Gemological Institute of America or GIA, its color ranges between J & K. Therefore, it is a gem having hints of Grey, green or yellow.
- Choice No. 2-Forever Brilliant: Based on the scale of GIA, its colors are G, H & I. Very popular for its vintage style designs; you would surely get some warmth if you choose this choice.
- Choice No. 3-Forever One: Depending on the GIA scale, its colors are D, E & F which are the highest colorless grades. This is considered to the most awesome as well as the premium Moissanite. This style has some type of optical properties which ensures that the sparkle is not only great, but at the same time comes with an icy brightness. For the couples having a requirement of simple or a modern design, this choice is highly recommended for the same.
Thus, each of the gems is having their sort of beauty and is equally flawless.
What is a colored Moissanite?
There are indeed a lot of varieties in the world of moissanite. They also offer one type that offers a colored sparkle and it is known as teale moissanite. This is ideal for those who need a teale moissanite. One of the best things that you would like about these teale moissanite is that apart from its color, it also offers a beautiful sparkle that is much better than the other colored stones since moissanite does have the ability to refract lights much stronger than the other colored gemstones.
Last but not the least; based on the popularity and demand for Moissanite Rings, it can be recommended to be purchased for engagement or wedding purposes. It is a gorgeous and a sparkling big stone that looks really beautiful and has a lot of good properties to ensure that it looks the same even after 25 years of using it as a daily wear.